Suitable for Age : 5 - 8
Young Engineers believes in teaching through the Spiral Learning Technique. In this method, each enrichment program builds on the previous program’s curriculum. In addition, we always encourage newcomers and reteach lessons to make sure all students are up to speed.
With the tangible coding language of Algobrix®, students begin by constructing a building block model, then create various lines of code using function & Parameter blocks. Finally, by pressing the Play block, the robot will perform the coding sequence.
By matching function and parameter blocks together, the child creates a command for the robot. For example, moving it forward or turning on a red light. By putting the blocks together one after the other, it creates a code that the model will execute.
In each lesson, the student will perform high level programming tasks such as Algorithm planning, Functions & Parameters, Conditioning, Loops, Multithreading, Debugging, Race Condition, sensor applications and more.
AlgoPlay equips students with the professional skills necessary for understanding the logic behind almost any coding language that exists today.
What is AlgoPlay?
- A revolutionary educational program.
- Covers all programming and robotics fundamentals.
- Uses an intuitive and straightforward coding language.
- Hands-on and fun educational experience
How Does AlgoPlay Works?
Young Engineers AlgoPlay Enrichment Program
Coding in 3 simple steps
Trial Class @ $38/ student
Average lesson duration: 75 minutes
- Develop procedural-logical and algorithmic thinking
- Learn the basics of computer programming
- Acquire a sense of control through learning and self-empowerment
- Develop high-order skills through:
- metacognitive thinking
AlgoPlay program objectives
- Discover coding without the use of any screen. (e.g tablets and laptops)
- Get familiar with software engineering terminology
- Introduction to algorithmic thinking
- Encourage problem-solving
- Develop creativity and critical thinking
AlgoPlay building model themes:
- Gadgets and games
- Amusement park rides
- Various types of transportation machines
- Modern robots to execute common tasks