In this 21st century, we see fast changing and disruptions in many things around us. This made us seek for life skills development program that are critical for future success.
At Young Engineers Singapore, our missions are
- To shape the next generation of Scientist, Technologist, Engineers and Mathematician.
- To create this opportunity for the kids to get in touch with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) at a young age.
- To motivate them the love in learning with their inquisitive minds.
- To appreciate the excitement of things around them with the right concept understanding.
- To encourage critical thinking, creativity, in-dependency and to learn the power of team work.
Young Engineers Singapore offers the following programs ranging on:
- Junior coding
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering
Not sure which program to take? Fill out this form so that we can help you out.
How Will STEM Improve Student Learning?
Every job within the 21st Century is likely to require some amount of skill in science, technology, engineering and math. STEM together with academic are responsible for the creation of new industry.
- Biology and technology resulted in Biotech industry.
- The Internet of Things (IoT) industry are the combination of mechanical, electronic, software engineering and coding.
- The autonomous industry are created with the advancement of academic research in artificial intelligence and combining with 5th generation of mobile technology.
- Fintech industry came about with blockchain technology and digital payment gateway.
STEM education is evolving into an integrative curriculum aimed at preparing students for the challenges of the 21st Century. Young Engineers STEM education program prepares our students to become creative and innovative problem solvers, researchers, engineers, and designers.
We believe this will give overwhelming advantage in skills development for the children and naturally will aid in their academic performance.
Jobs in the real world are interdisciplinary. STEM education position you a head start towards a shorter path for a career in the Science and Technology sector. It enables you to choose a specialty before getting into university.
We don’t need children to memorize random facts anymore. We could easily get this information through google search etc. Education is no longer about memorizing facts. Instead it is about learning how to think critically and evaluate information. And how to apply knowledge, research and skills to solve problem.
STEM embraces higher order thinking skills identified as key in 21st Century Education: Application, Analysis, Creativity, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, and Communication.
The importance of Robotic in Education
Robotic has been one of the important skill set in the fourth technological revolution.
Robotics takes education technology to a new level, creating the next evolution in teaching. That’s because introducing robotics to students means making STEM skills and knowledge hands-on and fun and prepare students for the future in a way that feels more like creativity and less like homework.
Robotics requires all of the subjects of STEM, so it’s a well-rounded approach to educational technology and learning. As the world adapts to this new era of globalization brought upon by the Fourth Industrial Revolution, big data analytics, robotics and artificial intelligence (AI) are the new norms shaking up how we live and work.
Benefits of Young Engineers Programs:
- Our STEM Robotic Education provides a career head-start to our students.
- Young Engineers Robotic and coding programs enable the highly sought after skillset in this digital economy and fourth technology revolution.
- Our STEM Education build up the higher order thinking skill through knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, evaluation and creation
- We are also meeting Ministry of Education requirement for the 21st century competence on critical thinking, inventive thinking, communication, collaboration and informative skill. On top of that, students from our class will become a confident, self-directed person. They will be active contributors to the new society.
- Our students also tend to develop multiple intelligence on intrapersonal (self-smart), logical-mathematics (logic-smart), visual-spatial (picture-smart), interpersonal (people-smart) and bodily Kinesthetic (body-smart)
Statistical Data for “Young Engineers” Class
- The children who register for the class have high scholastic achievements and high level of universal knowledge
- 88% of the students attending the class have high grades in math ranging from 85 to 100
- Besides knowing how to build models, 81% of the children attending the class learn how to organize their day more efficiently.
- 42% of the students indicated that the class makes them think about things they would like to do when they grow up.
- Most of the students in the class (53%) believed that participation in the class helps them in school in subjects such as mathematics, geometry and music.
- 89% of the students learn to make more constructive use of their time as a result of their participation.
- The class helps students develop skills for critical thinking. It also contributes to the development and implementation of personal abilities as well as to making decisions under pressure, logistic thinking and planning.
- Every lesson results in a product. Every child succeeds in constructing a model. This gives the children a sense of success and satisfaction with their own abilities. The result is person empowerment and development of self-confidence among all of the children who have participated in class.