Shaping The Next Generation Of Young Engineers Scientists!
Young Engineers is a global education company which uses LEGO® building blocks to introduce children to theoretical and practical aspects in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
Lego Enrichment Programs for Pre-schoolers to Secondary School students
Young Engineers has developed a selection of different programs for students from pre-school through secondary school in order to teach the subjects we feel are the way of the future.
Our enrichment programs and workshops are suited for students of all different learning abilities. Unlike traditional lecture style education methods, our instructors engage students through the use of stories, hands-on experiments and demonstrations. Our participants learn real life applications of mathematics principles, the laws of physics and both mechanical and software engineering. Our enrichment programs are so successful because we have disguised the education with entertainment.
Young Engineers Centers
Education + Entertainment = Edutainment
At Young Engineers, we believe in engaging our students’ education processes while developing their ability to learn. We understand that every child has a different technique for learning and retaining information, yet we have found that making learning fun is the lowest common detonator for a successful education. We have meticulously generated hands-on curricula, which combine education and entertainment creating our unique “edutainment” method.
LEGO Robotic STEM Education
Many Lego® based STEM after school programs are really nothing more than an excuse for parents to leave their children in school for an extra hour while hoping that at least they’re learning something. For example, children leave other LEGO STEM programs feeling like they learned how to build a toy car. They leave our programs able to explain how a transmission works. Our workbook is deliberately designed to make sure that the student understands the scientific, engineering and mathematics principle behind the models they are building.
21st Century Skills
We prepare children for success by teaching the 21st century skills which experts have identified as the most important factors in career success. These include teamwork, problem solving skills, the ability to think creatively and applied learning.
The programs are based on the “spiral education method”, allowing students to be introduced to complex ideas from a different perspective.
Pedagogic Guideline #1 – PBL
Pedagogic Guideline #2 – Spiral Learning
Statistical Data for “Young Engineers” Class
- The children who register for the class have high scholastic achievements and high level of universal knowledge
- 88% of the students attending the class have high grades in math ranging from 85 to 100
- Besides knowing how to build models, 81% of the children attending the class learn how to organize their day more efficiently.
- 42% of the students indicated that the class makes them think about things they would like to do when they grow up.
- Most of the students in the class (53%) believed that participation in the class helps them in school in subjects such as mathematics, geometry and music.
- 89% of the students learn to make more constructive use of their time as a result of their participation.
- The class helps students develop skills for critical thinking. It also contributes to the development and implementation of personal abilities as well as to making decisions under pressure, logistic thinking and planning.
- Every lesson results in a product. Every child succeeds in constructing a model. This gives the children a sense of success and satisfaction with their own abilities. The result is person empowerment and development of self-confidence among all of the children who have participated in class.
class every week is the best testimony of how much fun he has had. Thank you!”
Exclusive LEGO Kit
In addition to the regular programs, Young Engineers offers other programs from its proprietary kit. Over 200 lessons and models can be built from our kit, including programs for children with special needs, summer camps, workshops for seniors, birthday parties, and more.
Our kits, like our classes, are structured in a very deliberate manner. By making the children responsible for organizing the kits at the end of the class, not a single educational opportunity is missed!